Monday, May 12, 2008

Home:

Who was singing when NY burned and Rudy played the violin?

What if Augustine never lived to dream up Bosch's hell?


Why didn't we listen to Julian instead?

Why did we have to wait for Aquinas to reason?


…and Patrick, what of Patrick?

Where is his loving God currently?


~


The Babari no longer bark at the Volga's Edge;

they are already here and living in Miami!


Wouldn't you if you could?

Wouldn't you want to also?


Imagine yourself in the Cadillac

…you never knew you wanted…


Believe me!

I saw it on Murdock's Network Panacea this morning!


Every Episode is now available on Blu-Ray DVD

with Bonus Features and Short Subjects!


and Cool enough to include

Chapter Selections and Out-takes!


~


What will we loose this time as the End-Age whimpers

for the Middle there may never be?


Thank OUR GOD I am musically challenged;

I won't even attempt to play the violin.


Even when I have the urge

to purge or blog about it.


~


I have no idea who to vote for at this point…

Whatever happens next the law says:


The Cheerleader must go

whether he wants to or not


Anyone know how to play the violin?

I'll give you my vote for old times sake


then we can all sing along

and follow The Bouncing Candidate!


~


I'm so disgusted, I would go live with the Penguin's

but paradise is crowded with vacationers now


So I'll just sit here, writing and watching

the weeds die in the road leaving only cracks


as The Aqueducts fall prey to the New World Order

humming to myself in memory of The Bee's


marching numbly, blind as a bat's carcass'

eaten by Guano and Oxalates


on the cave floor of 5th Century Democratic apathy

a posit of unnecessary grace


~


Don't kid yourself, the panacea is prevalent and your poetry is proof!

its lack of fame condemns this age


I would print this out on acid free paper

place it in a sealed vault in the mountains


but that I'm afraid it might become Canon

to some L'enfant terrible Civilization


~


This side of the Volga is the place to be for now,

the Vandals know!


Patrick! Patrick! Where are you today?

…lend me your skinned skiff


I'll paddle home gladly to your adopted Island

and try to be fearless in the face of God


When he comes to call and reads the Good Spell

out-loud while you play fiddle in the slower Antrim style


~


I Graduated from The Junior "Collage" of Apathy TWICE!

I am an educated watcher with diplomas to prove it


When my living Civilization dies

of late Antiquarian Sisyphean Boulder Shouldering


I know how to shrug it off


but If Augustine can confess so too can I!

…I don't wish give this world to my children…


I believe as Julian did; and Pelagius said it best

only good deeds and rigorous asceticism can save us now…


~


Play that Fiddle White Boy! Play!

Wade in the Guano! Your World is Tumbling Down!


Follow the bouncing Candidate; record it all on TiVo

so your descendants can watch it from their bunkers


Someone threw your fiddle in the Guano man!

…the birds on the middle panel of your triptych are singing at last…


~


It's taken 7 years for me to mention 9/11 in a poem

I've been busy working for change


Rigorously

I'm tired of good works and Good Spells


So you tell me… Who the Fuk are you going to vote for?

I'm done with marching, its time to pray.




obeedúid~

07/May/08




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A yellow jacket is trapped in the decorative bowl of my ceiling light, pacing back and forth like an innocent con in his cell on death row, and I ain't gonna do nothin' about it. 'cept maybe write another goddamn poem. It just goes to show ya'! Larry Rapant

Anonymous said...

I'm removing the yellow jacket now - deader'n a door nail - from the decorative bowl of my ceiling light. I will transport it, in a dirty yogurt carton, to a little spot in front of a birch tree in my woods that I have picked out for its proper burial. The hole is dug, with a teaspoon, the jacket laid to rest, then stabbed for good measure with a cross. Finally, the cross is buried, the urine is sprinkled on, the appropriate curse words are spoken and I back away from the site and tumble down into a gopher den where I am mistaken for a spinach plant and utterly consumed. Amen. Larry Rapant

Anonymous said...

THE HERBIVORE

I does luv
to git my ass
high!

Larry Rapant